Saturday, March 3, 2012

So I own a PC with Windows Office 2003 on it, and I began writing my midterm exam papers using Word 2003. Then I took my flash disk with me out of town and had to finish the exam using a friend's Mac. They were using Word 2011, and I didn't realize. I saved the finished exam on my flash disk, and now that I'm back home I can't open it! I have the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system, but that won't open it. The format of the file is still ".doc", and I don't understand what the problem is. Is it a Mac vs. PC thing, or a Word 2003 vs. Word 2011 thing? I can't seem to find any file format converters that go newer than 2010, so am I screwed? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
Desperate|||The default file format for Microsoft Word beginning with Word 2007 is (.docx). It makes no difference whether it's Mac or PC, just the version of Word. So Word 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 all use the same file format.

The default file format for older versions of Word is (.doc).

If your copy of Word 2003 has the compatibility pack AND the required service pack update, it will open both file formats. You don't have to uninstall Word 2003, but you do have to make sure it has all the updates in addition to the compatibility pack.

You can NOT change the format by changing the file extension. You have to use Save As within Microsoft Word to save a document in either format.|||You need to reopen the document in Word 2010 (Word 2007 may also work) or newer and save as an older format, in your case Word 2003 format.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment