Friday, March 9, 2012

I just bought Microsoft Office Student 2008 software for my Mac laptop and I plan to put Microsoft Office Student 2010 on my Windows 7 desktop. I have had very little experience with any word/excel etc. program and am completely lost. I decided to buy a book instead of just using the online help.

My question is since I am getting the same basic program except for two different operating systems, would either book tell me what I need to know to work the program on both computers? In other words if I get a Windows Office 2010 book, would it be close to what I will have on my Mac (I realize it wouldn't be exactly the same). I really need help and am just not sure what to get.

Thanks|||The interface is quite a bit different. All the major features (font and color for instance), are the same, but other than that, the Mac version still has a menu bar, and a Photoshop-like toolbox instead of the ribbon. Also, don't get too attached to the UI on the Mac version- Office 2011 for Mac comes out later this year (you get it for free if you bought Office 2008 after August 1st), and it uses the Ribbon interface, similar to the one in Office 2010. They won't be exactly the same, but they'll be more similar than they are now.|||I'm not sure, since the Office 2011 beta was very small. I do know that Office 2011 is making attempts to behave like a normal OS X app, so the interface won't be identical. Although all you really need is the name of the feature- OS X has that nice built-in search in the help menu.

Report Abuse

|||In answer to your title.

They are EXACTLY the same

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment