Friday, March 9, 2012

HI, im trying to send my CV out, I used word 2007 & saved it as a 2003-2007 .doc file. But the thing I've found with both this file format and others for example rich text, is that the original layout is not kept, sometimes it comes up as jargon and other times the layout is completely ruined. As it is my Cv I want the file to retain its original layout every time I send it to a prospective job advertisement. Is there a format that is generally universal, that will retain my original layout as im worried that the majority of people don't have word 2007 for example and wont be able to view my CV correctly. Or are there other ways that you can suggest (I was thinking about converting it into a pdf format possibly?)

thanks|||If you save a Word document in rtf or txt format you will definitely lose formatting if you have set it out using tables or tabs or graphics. However, there should be absolutely no problems in saving in 1997-2003 format, i.e. .doc as opposed to .docx.

I would advise however saving as pdf format and this is easy as it is a free add in with Office 2007.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment