Friday, March 9, 2012

Just bought a MAC and I got iWorks with it. (Store person talked me into it) but I'm kinda regreting it cause I keep reading that it is SEMI compatible with windows office which I don't want. Everyone uses office and when I send my papers in I want it to look the same. At the same time I read the same issues with Office 2008 for MAC too. How about 11 is it any better? Sorry I'm falling asleep here right now if this did not make sense. Please give me detailed options so I can make a good decision on if I should get Office 2011 in the AM when I wake up! Thanks guys for the input|||If the way the document looks is essential and it doesn't need to be edited by the recipient, your best option is to send them a pdf. This embeds all fonts etc. and you won't have any issues with text reflowing etc.

These problems occur when the recipient does not have the same fonts as you for example and are not specific to either iWork or Office 2008, nor the mac/pc platform as such.|||iWork is compatible with Microsoft Office Programs, all you have to go is save the file as a MS Office file (Whatever it may be, a Word (Pages), PowerPoint (Keynote), or Excel (Numbers). It works just fine an edits just fine, too.

火车采集器
  • whotel austin
  • sample sales
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment