Saturday, March 3, 2012

So I have had no problems with the Windows Word 2007 up until today. It asked me to enter in my product key and I did, I entered the 25 digit key from the bottom of my laptop and it said that it was invalid. I have my homework files saved in there and my laptop only has Word 2007 so that is the only program I can use to do my assignments with. I went online to try and find a solution to this problem and I stumbled across a forum in microsoft.com and I read that I could uninstall the program and then reboot my laptop so that when I reinstall the program again, I can enter in the product key and it would be fine. Problem with that is that when I did do that, I completely loss the Microsoft Office 2007 program and can no longer find it. So what I want to know is that:

1.) How can I reinstall Microsoft Word 2007?
2.) How can I get my Product Key valid?

Here is some more information that might help you guys:
-I have a Lenovo Y450 laptop
-It's running on Windows 7
-I don't have any other Windows Office program installed onto this laptop and the product key is blue|||You had a free trial copy of Microsoft Office 2007 and it expired after 25 uses (of all Office programs combined) or 60 days, but your uninstallation of it was irrelevant. It wasn't going to work again (even with another download) without a valid Office product key (the one on the computer is only for Windows).

You should be able to download and install an Office 2010 trial now (2007 is kaput) and probably get another 60 days out of it. When IT expires, here are some of your options for paying less than full price for Microsoft Office 2010:

First, if you're a student, you may qualify for the Office Professional Academic edition of Office at a pretty good price ($79.95):

http://www.microsoft.com/student/

Second, if you鈥檙e interested in buying just Word, check out this URL, especially the second group of listings.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/produc鈥?/a>

Note that the higher of the two prices quoted is for a full version of that program and the lower, for upgrades from existing software. Read the list of upgrade-qualifying software carefully: MS Works is often one, and may have come on your machine.

Finally, if you're willing to spend a little to save a little, Microsoft Works is available in stores for about $40.00. You could buy a copy, install it, then buy Office at the upgrade level. I think you'd come out ahead. Note that the upgrade copy probably checks your machine for Works' presence, so don't get rid of it after you've installed Office. You never know when you're going to have to reinstall Office.

Also, if you have files that are locked up in the new Word 2010 file format (.docx), here鈥檚 a possibility for salvaging them. Microsoft offers a free Compatibility pack that allows earlier versions of Word (and Microsoft Works) to read and write Word 2010 files. If you have access to an earlier version, this can at least give you back your documents. Some new features of Word 2010 will be lost or converted to straight text in the conversion to the earlier version.

Good luck.|||You might be in a bad spot. The number on the bottom of your computer was probably the Windows serial number, and not the serial number for Microsoft Office (which includes Word).

When you uninstalled Microsoft Office, all office components that were installed were removed. Depending upon the version of Office you were running this may include Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Access, and or other applications.

Your computer should have come with some CD's or DVD's. Was one a Microsoft Office CD or DVD? If so, use that media to reinstall Office.

In the event your computer came only with "System Restore" media then you can use those. YOu should first back up ALL your data to other media (flash drives, USB hard drives, or similar). When you use the System Restore media you MIGHT lose any applications you installed that were not on the computer when you bought it, AND your data. So always, always, always back up first.

If you have no media, you can download a TRIAL version of Office 2010 from Microsoft. This will provide you with use for 60 days during which time you will need to either purchase Office 2010 or use another application.

The free trial download is here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/

Alternately, if you can download OpenOffice which is a free set of tools similar to Microsoft Office:
www.openoffice.org

Lastly, if you will be working online all the time you can use Google Docs.|||The key on your laptop is likely to be your windows key and not for your office program.
Was the office program on your laptop when you got it? A lot of computers come with it on as a trial and then you have to pay to use it after the trial is up.
If you paid for it and got it in a cd box then the code should be on there.
If you do find its a trial then try downloading open office which is free and legal on http://www.openoffice.org/ this will allow you to open your assignments :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment