Tuesday, March 6, 2012

what should i do|||Ok.

I have a Macbook Pro (and after being a PC user my entire life, I am never going back to PCs), and I have iworks on it. The apple representative I talked with assured me it would work the same as windows office.

LIES.

Now, I actually do enjoy iworks. Theres a lot of cool functions in it that windows office never had. But what's annoying is that iworks does not save files into .doc format. Just not possible. And while practically every computer I know of can open .doc files (which you can only get if you have windows office), only another mac can open another mac file it seems.

This makes sending documents extremely annoying to your recipients unless you want to convert your documents to .pdf format every time, and that isn't always the best option.

If I had known this going in, I would have purchased the extra $100 it costs to get windows office over iwork. Windows office is simply more universally compatible - at least this is what I've discovered.

Hope that helps.|||iWorks will open and save in Word, Excel and Powerpoint formats. Since it is a different app, you do have to learn how to use it. It's up to you whether you want to spend the extra money on Office or learn a different application.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment