Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm thinking of buying an Asus EEE Pc to write on in cafes, but need to be able to synchronise changed files with my desktop PC each day. Currently I use Windows "briefcase" function and a USB pen to do this with my laptop, but the EEE PC runs Linux and Open Office, so I need to know if I could still sync between it and the desktop. Any ideas?|||You can install Windows onto the Asus, however I would recommend trying something like Google Docs.|||Two ideas as we have an eee.

Firstly, the eee runs openoffice on Linux. This has fair compatability with ms word 2000, but the eee struggles with the application. I also doubt if OpenOffice supports the newer office formats. You might find simple file transfer quite tedious.

One idea is to upload stuff to google docs, which will handle multiple formats.

Other suggestion is to put XP on the eee. There's lots of stuff on the ASUS site to support XP, so it should run fine.

The eee itself is so light compared to a general laptop, it really is easy to carry about.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment