Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This is the program she uses in her special needs school and newer programs she cant understand. Is there a way of installing this even though its 4 years old? The laptop is new and has xp a direct link would be nice thanks.|||Do you mean it's an older version of office that is incompatable with Xp?
Office can't be downloaded for free however an alternative would be Open Office. www.openoffice.org/|||Holly's suggestion about Open Office really is excellent, but I thought it only worked under Linux. My husband put it on my machine to work under my Virtual Linux Desktop. And I believe, as she said that it is free. I have worked with it some and it IS excellent, and deals with all the Microsoft Office documents.

Microsoft Office 2003 may be downloadable, but it's NEVER free. It came as a demo on my new desktop computer but they want $149 for it, and I don't use it. I have other programs I prefer.

I'm going to install MS Works 99 on my XP Media desktop. I think it will probably work just fine. I have a copy that came on another machine and hopefully was NOT just a demo copy.

With the new Windows XP Media, the Microsoft Office installed is ONLY a Demo.. and you have to pay to use it after 6 weeks. They used to provide a simple version of Micorsoft Word or Works FREE on computers so you could edit .DOC files, but these days they try to FORCE you to purchase Microsoft Office current version for over $100... rather than give you a copy of Word or Works free with the computer. After the 6 weeks was up, it ONLY allows me to READ files. I can NOT edit and resave any doc files which I can on all my other computers.

So give Open Office a try. It's easy to work with and will edit all the Microsoft Office files.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment