Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I recently got the new programs and haven't been able to figure out how to password protect my word documents. In my search I also discovered I can't find the office assitant (the paperclip guy)? If the new programs don't have this feature could anyone tell me how to password protect a flash drive? My school's been having problems with students stealing other students' essays and turning them in as their own.|||On Microsoft's tool bar you have 2 options.

1.Go to file, save as, tools, then security options.
2. In your tools menu go to options, then security.

Hope this helps.|||in 2007 the menus are a bit different.
click on the upper L corner Microsoft Office Button
Click on Prepare
Click on Encrypt
enter your passwords as normal and select OK.

Here is something new that 2007 added...you can also add a password for authorized reviewers of a document only...so that a few people can open, review and edit the document.

This feature is located in Save AS, Tools, General Options

if you need to know more about the reviewer password option, click on the help or ? key in Word and look under password.

Good luck

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment